NLCS answers and North London Consortium grp 1 answers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: NLCS answers and North London Consortium grp 1 answers

Post by Daogroupie »

Do you mean the maths or the English or both? I don't find the WGS English especially challenging compared to consortium papers like Arlington Rise and The Secret girlfriend. DG
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

I have on the good advise from g55 decided not to release the Q&A plus WGS papers are copyrighted ( you can get the exam papers(although not answers it's only 11+ , how hard can it be?) by contacting school and pay the required amount to the School)

for any reasonable child there is enough already in the public domain to familliarise one's child of required level .

good luck anyway
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Daogroupie wrote:Do you mean the maths or the English or both? I don't find the WGS English e
I understand that the consortium has upped it's game with regards to English probably due to NLCS threatening to go their own way as WGS has always done, but in terms of Maths WGS maths is seriously over the top in paper 2 for 10yr girls( St Paul's maths is a good comparison probably even harder than WGS imo)

paper 1 is much the same level as GL
Last edited by Catseye on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nups19

Post by nups19 »

Dear DG, Yes my DD is doing the tests this January. Please help with the answers. Thanks.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

NCLS has left the Consortium for English but is still using the Consortium Maths paper. DG
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

with regards to English I would recommend the Common Entrance Exam(ISEB 13+ books and answer booklet (bought separately :cry: ) -yes for 11+ for the elite selective schools

the answer book comes in advanced answers and more basic answer variations, buy both

even an illiterate village idiot as myself can work through it !

no expensive prep schools or tutors required :D still expensive books though

good luck
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

for maths try the Primary Maths challenges or even some the first 10 questions or so of the Junior Challenges

All come with answers

please note these are only appropriate prep for the top 25 or so selective indies so not an issue for most indies, so don't panic if your DC finds them impossible most 10yrs would and the top schools add little value anyway for them it is input=output so poor value added overall
taleila03

Post by taleila03 »

My twin daughters are sitting the exam for Channing and South Hampstead, both in the North London Consortium, plus Highgate. They are in a state primary school right now so I am spending hours marking all their test papers in English and Maths. Any help in the form of answers would be really welcome and helpful.

Catseyes and DG, I read in previous messages that you have collated all the answers. Would it still be possible to share those ?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I have "paid" for Maths answers and other papers no longer available in the form of barter with English answers and examples of marked English papers. No money has changed hands but a lot of work has been involved! As it sounds like you have been doing a lot of marking you can do the same and barter your marked papers for other answers. Pm me if interested. DG
kaison

Post by kaison »

I am trying to PM for past paper answers, but am new to this forum and seem unable to do this.
Could anyone advise or PM me? Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now