Any news on interviews at St Albans High School for Girls?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LONDON GIRL

Re: Any news on interviews at St Albans High School for Girl

Post by LONDON GIRL »

My DD invited for interview.
The way of letter written not looks like call every ones for interview.
Letter said --she will do some group activities and informal interviews.
Shailee

Post by Shailee »

thanks for your replies what is the written task however
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They do not call all girls for interview. The written task is different every year. It is a group task to make sure all girls can work as a team and are not selfish when working with others. There are also scholarship interviews, I know of three girls who have been sent a letter offering them a scholarship interview. DG
Shailee

Post by Shailee »

Thanks Daogroupie,as always helpful ,does anyone know how many students are invited and what are the total number of places offered
Disappointeddad

Post by Disappointeddad »

I believe that there are 60 places on offer. I don't know how many girls are interviewed.
possum

Post by possum »

Hi everyone, I have only just found this forum and so pleased I have.

My DD has been called for interview at SAHS and I too am wondering how many they are interviewing and for how many places. The letter didn't mention a group task specifically but I know that is what has happened in the past. Wondering if the format will be slightly different to previous years in view of New Head? Also wonder how important the interview is vis a vis the exam results? Is it just to check out their personality or would a really outstanding task girl move ahead of a girl with better exam results?

I asked a teacher at the exam how many girls they were expecting and she said 260 and I assume that includes their prep school girls. If so, does anyone agree that after prep school places ( approx 45) there are about 45 places left for the remaining 215 applicants. I know of 2 girls who have not been recalled and one has an older sister at the school. Also, wonder how they group the girls and if there is any significance as to which day you attend?

DAO - your posts have been amazing. P
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

If anyone has asked the interview/offer ratio question I would also like to know. I was told by a parent that junior school girls were told to all have back up plans this year as they weren't guaranteed a place. Whether or not that is true I don't know, but it suggests that there may be less siblings than in past years.

Also, don't forget that they will offer way above the amount of places, as St Albans is a back up plan for lots of people trying to get Habs, Grammars etc.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There are 48 girls at Wheathampstead which is the prep school; two classes of twenty four. All the girls have to sit the exam but not all girls are offered a place. On average this tends to me about 5 or 6 girls each year who tend to go to St Helenas in Hitchin or Queenswood in Brookmans Park. There are 100 places so probably 60 to 64 on offer depending on the prep girls. DG
dreamon

Post by dreamon »

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew if only the dd's who sat the paper at St Alban's were eligible for scholarships? All the other schools state that there is no separate scholarship interview so I wondered if St Albans was different and if you had to physically sit the exam there to qualify for a scholarship interview. Thank you for any info you can give!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The scholarship interviews are for the girls that get the highest mark in the exams, it does not matter if they are at the prep or where they sat the exam. I know of three girls who are doing the scholarship interview; two from another prep and one from a state school. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now