Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ucl2720

Mts interviews

Post by ucl2720 »

What is going on with MTS interviews?
There is no pattern or date to them.
People around me have had emails or phone calls or letters calling them for interview and some , like myself, have had nothing, not even a rejection.
It has been almost 2 weeks since the exams!
Have mums in previous years had this same random pattern?
Or is there something i am missing?
Smlz

Re: Mts interviews

Post by Smlz »

Hi, I had enough of waiting as well and give them a call on Friday. Very nice man from admissions told me that they didn't get around to send all the letters just jet. He also asked for my son's name and told me when/if he has been scheduled for interview... Interviw is this week Thursday... It looks like they are not very well organised...
AML

Post by AML »

All the children from my sons school have heard- including rejection letters. Wonder if they are working school by school - they go to a local prep school not far from MT
ucl2720

Post by ucl2720 »

Thank you for your responses
I must say I am not impressed with a school who cannot send out interview/ rejection letters within a reasonable time frame.
It creates anxiety for kids too as they are not sure where they stand especially if it's their first choice school.
It can't be school by school as some children have already had interviews from my Ds school but many have not had rejection/ interview responses
Smiz I might just wait for tomorrow's post and if there is nothing I will make that call!
AML

Post by AML »

Sorry to hear that, hope you find an answer soon.
ucl2720

Post by ucl2720 »

Rang up MTS and gave me my Ds interview date on the phone.
Said they were sending out letters near to interview ( could not understand logic of that,)
Very nice man on the end of the phone line, shame about the process.
Good luck everyone
11plusmad

Post by 11plusmad »

It could based upon how well you did in the exam, i know of a couple of scholars who one of the first to be invited for interview
manicmum

Post by manicmum »

Great to hear that the team are being helpful when you call in.

Have to say it's an amazing school and my DS is loving it there.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It could be that they know those that are going to get an outright rejection, because they have not done well enough - so those letters have gone. They know who they want to invite for scholarship/bursary interviews because they have done brilliantly - so those letters have gone and others are likely to get a place based on doing OK in the exam, but not top or bottom, but they haven't sent the letters out yet as, for a small percentage of those, there may not be a place depending on the results of the early interviews?

2 weeks does not seem long in the grand scheme of things... Good luck - MTS has a very good reputation!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now