This waiting game feels like torture

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Vicster

This waiting game feels like torture

Post by Vicster »

We are still waiting for school offers for DS. Offers are not due out until this weekend / early next week. I can't even drink any wine to get me through this last week. 6 weeks is a long time to wait.
G-Girl

Re: This waiting game feels like torture

Post by G-Girl »

Our post came this morning and I have just posted my Oscar acceptance speech - although most offers or rejections arrived on Friday. A very difficult weekend!

If you have heard nothing by lunch-time today, I would suggest contacting each school as your letters may have gone adrift in the post.

A difficult time for everyone!

Wishing you the best of luck.
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

We are up North. Offers are due to be posted 1st class on 27th Feb and 2nd March. There isn't any point in me phoning schools before then. There is a Manchester Independent schools agreement and schools in the agreement have agreed to not post results before 2nd March. The school posting on 27th Feb is not subject to the agreement.
I'm just going to have to sit and wait and hopefully stay sane.
G-Girl

Post by G-Girl »

Ah, I see! Well, having just gone through a weekend of agony (no post!) I wish you the very best for next weekend.

I think I would find the postman's route and chase him on results day.....!
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Some schools only had their exams on the first Saturday of February in Cheshire(then there was the half- term e.g The Grange ) there will be parents/DC in North Cheshire waiting for marking/interviews to be completed, so parents can make an informed decision.

hang on in there !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now