Harrow pre test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mp1977

Harrow pre test

Post by mp1977 »

My ds did the harrow pre test in mid November but we haven't heard anything back.

How does it work? if he did well do we get a call for an interview?

If he didn't do well do we get a letter saying that he has been de selected?

How long does it usually take until we hear back?

Has anyone else done this test, have you heard back from them yet?

I hope someone can give me some information.

Thank you so much.

I have moved this to the independent school section as you should get a better response here -Moderator
floreatetona

Re: Harrow pre test

Post by floreatetona »

Contact the admissions department or read the section of the website that deals with admissions.
J50

Post by J50 »

Spoke to an acquaintance yesterday who said they'd received and accepted the offer from Harrow.
floreatetona

Post by floreatetona »

The offer would have been made after The Harrow Test,no one gets an offer after the pre test,the strongest candidates after the pre test do get to meet a housemaster and the weakest get a "sorry but no thanks " letter,but you dont get an offer .
J50

Post by J50 »

There's always exceptions... all are equal but some are more equal than others...
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

There are no exceptions!
a pre-test is precisely what it implies a test before the main enterance test!
J50

Post by J50 »

Always exceptions, don't be so naiive... :roll: :roll:

How do you think XX, son of famous person YX gets to go to a certain school? Not by taking or passing an exam!!

How do you think XZ, exceptionally talented at Y sport gets to go to a certain school? Not by taking or passing an exam!!

Real world.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Although it is true Public Schools are a law to themselves in that they can formulate their own admissions policy but they still have to abide by their stated admission policy,otherwise people like me would have their guts for gatters,I promise you.

Independent schools have great freedom in terms of making their own policies but if it belongs to the Independent Schools Joint Council as Harrow does they still have to be open and transparent in their dealing with families.

How well do you know this acquaintance ? My guess would be they are exaggerating.

Who's being naive now, do you believe everything people tell you?
J50

Post by J50 »

I know both of the examples well enough to know exactly what they've been up to regarding schools and the various offers to join that they've had from various schools, well outside the time frame of entrance exams that the rest of us have to put up with...
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

If you can name one celebrity or renowned athlete/sports persons who has not been through(even if via a nominal process of pre-test,Common Entrance Exam followed by interview) of the stated admissions policy of any Indy school I will gladly concede.

If not, I respectfully suggest you either put up or shut up.
Last edited by Catseye on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now