Marks attained in Independant school exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Aadi

Marks attained in Independant school exams

Post by Aadi »

Hello
Do the Indpendant schools give any information on marks achieved by the students for the written exams?
If so please can someone share what is the expected percentage in Maths and English to clear the written exam round?
I have been told by a tutor that the schools also observe the child's behaviour on the day and that does have some effect on who gets called in for interviews ....over and above the exam marks. Is that true?
Daogroupie

Re: Marks attained in Independant school exams

Post by Daogroupie »

There are many exams and many schools, all different. You need to tell us which schools you are interested in as nobody can answer unless you tell us.

Private schools can do what they like. We applied for some that told us the mark and some that did not. Behaviour at exams and interviews is very important. We complained about a student who was actually bullying other students during the exam day at one school.

His mother obviously forgot to remind him that morning not to be mean to other students as he was being observed by his prospective school. DG
Aadi

Post by Aadi »

Thanks Daogroupie.
We are applying for MTS,Habs and John Lyon.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Those schools will not give you a mark but I know for a fact that if you fail to get an interview you can find out from Habs which of the three papers was the one that let your ds down. Most students fall down on the English paper. I would recommend that this is where to put your focus in the next few days. DG
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Aadi wrote:I have been told by a tutor that the schools also observe the child's behaviour on the day and that does have some effect on who gets called in for interviews ....over and above the exam marks. Is that true?
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say, if you mean, if a child is picking his nose whilst doing his/her written exam, then it makes no difference but if he is picking out copious quantities of globulus(it that a real word?) snot from his nose while conducting an interview (or as MGS do, have a day of assessment) then it may make a difference .

I think you may be overthinking things and I have no idea what your tutor is twittering on about, maybe ask her/him and in turn enlighten us all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now