Whitgift exams for 2016 entry

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ladymuck

Re: Whitgift exams for 2016 entry

Post by Ladymuck »

I believe that they'll ring until they fill up a certain number of interview slots for next week. If they fill them by lunchtime they'd be happy bunnies, but that is their task today - to ensure that their interview slots for Mon-Thurs or so are full.

From Monday onwards many of the calls come in the evening as they know that they're more likely to get an answer.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Ladymuck wrote:I believe that they'll ring until they fill up a certain number of interview slots for next week. If they fill them by lunchtime they'd be happy bunnies, but that is their task today - to ensure that their interview slots for Mon-Thurs or so are full.

From Monday onwards many of the calls come in the evening as they know that they're more likely to get an answer.
Thank you, Ladymuck. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

We've just had a phone call from Whitgift, interview on Thursday. I know it's not a guarantee of anything, but I am sooo happy I cried.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

PurpleDuck, congratulations! Super! Our interview will be on Thursday too!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Moormum wrote:PurpleDuck, congratulations! Super! Our interview will be on Thursday too!
Thank you Moormum, maybe we will see each other at school? We are going in early in the morning - how about you?
ambitious mum

Post by ambitious mum »

No news for us yet. Are the calls made on the basis of marks obtained?
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

PurpleDuck, our interview will be in the middle of the day. Good luck to your son! Hope our boys will do it perfect!
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

ambitious mum wrote:No news for us yet. Are the calls made on the basis of marks obtained?
No news for us yet either. Keep telling myself that not all calls will be made today - but doesn't make the wait any easier! I am wondering if they will still be making calls at this time?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Moormum wrote:PurpleDuck, our interview will be in the middle of the day. Good luck to your son! Hope our boys will do it perfect!
Moormum - thank you and good luck to your son, too! Fingers crossed and lets hope for the best for them! :D
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Ahmedfamily wrote:
ambitious mum wrote:No news for us yet. Are the calls made on the basis of marks obtained?
No news for us yet either. Keep telling myself that not all calls will be made today - but doesn't make the wait any easier! I am wondering if they will still be making calls at this time?
I know it is a very anxious wait, but if you see Ladymuck's post a bit earlier on, she said it could take a while and the wait was no reflection of how well the boys did. Trinity said something similar in their letter they handed out on the exam day. Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now