CLSB 10 plus

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: CLSB 10 plus

Post by Daogroupie »

It does seem that the more senior person who interviews you the more interested they are in you. The Head would have a lot more authority to make deals than more junior staff. DG
gazzag

Post by gazzag »

CLSB 10+ offer letters are out. And our son has been offered a place. All of those who have been through all of this know exactly how we feel. :)
Umisan

Post by Umisan »

well done. I take it you are accepting?
it is a brilliant school as my DS1 is in the first form. DS2 did not get at the 10+ so we will have to try again next year...
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Well done to your family as I know it was a family effort. I have just heard from a student I know of who won a place and I hope I will hear from others today. DG
gazzag

Post by gazzag »

Umisan wrote:well done. I take it you are accepting?
it is a brilliant school as my DS1 is in the first form. DS2 did not get at the 10+ so we will have to try again next year...
Thank you. Yes, City is our independent school of choice so, other than our last few wobbles about the journey, we will accept the place.

I was tempted to reply to your earlier post but was concerned I might come across a bit patronising, so I hope that I don't now. In among the disappointment for your DS2, at least he has another chance next year. Good luck to him for that.
Umisan

Post by Umisan »

gazzag, dont worry. being realistic and with DS1 in the school already, I know the academic standards the school expects from their boys and to be honest DS2 might not be ready for it just yet. coming from a state primary, I can compare YR 6 with OG and certainly think it is far more suitable for the more advance pupils who would benefit the best.
Mumworried

Post by Mumworried »

well done to the young lad who got offered a place at CLSB... we have another week to wait for the girls schools in Middlesex/Herts areas...
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is 10 plus not 11 plus and just forty places up for grabs. I only know of two so far who got an offer. The 11 plus applicants are still having their interviews. DG
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Congratulations to all who were made an offer at 10+. I was contemplating going for this for ds but wanted to keep my options open for grammar next year.
In Ds school - 3 boys went for it; one a dozen rankings off an interview (mum phoned and asked for ranking); second interviewed but not offered and third interviewed with head and offered. The boy who was offered was top academically and working I would say, at least two years ahead, certainly for maths and English. His CATs scores were usually in the top 1%. A clever boy but not loads of extracurricular ie; not Grade 6 on two instruments/county sports player as seems to be the case at a lot of the Indies these days!! Worth going for if City is a real contender for Secondary and your child has outgrown his primary school.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I forgot to ask, does anyone know how many applied at 10+ this year?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now