City of London for Boys - 11 Plus

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: City of London for Boys - 11 Plus

Post by ToadMum »

They must regard their own exam as being pretty useless, then...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
AML

Post by AML »

There is a separate thread I started about this. The boys that were asked directly in the group interview by Mrs 'I'm very strict you know'

A) did you apply to QE?
B) what was your score?

This was done as a group in front of others. These boys were from a prep school.

One of the boys did not score that high and she replied 'do you think that's enough to get in?'

Poor. Very poor.
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

The thread got hijacked by HABS gang :wink:
CLSB interviews are nearly done, tomorrow being the last day. How did parents find the interview process? The nervous wait for results begins now...
elevenlevel

Post by elevenlevel »

They must have finished now so it would be okay to talk about it more. At least there is only a week to wait...
daddytea

Post by daddytea »

Very exciting week coming. All indies school will reply this week after all the hard work.
Ds found the interviews are very challenging and exhausting
The easiest or friendliest one is Bancroft
Second is city and hardest is forest.
For test, it is the opposite
Bancroft the hardest, follow by city and then forest.
I have to say nothing can prepare them for the question that came out.
Even myself find challenging to answer some of the questions set by forest.

I am not sure how much weight city of London boys will put on for the interview.
Ds said he did well but failed to answer some science questions accurately that he studied Long time ago. Hopefully this does not hinder him from getting a scholarship.
Anyway, good luck to everyone.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

daddytea - my DS mentioned difficult science references in his interview. Was your DS interviewed for a scholarship? How did you know?
ItsNearlyOver

Post by ItsNearlyOver »

We had no science related questions whatsoever! Obsessing about the interview is no help l suppose. I need to block it out of my mind until Friday. I'm going to give myself a holiday from thinking about it!
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

You're right ItsNearlyOver but it is so hard when you want an offer and won't know until the end of the week :(
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

From browsing the forums and talking to other parents, it seems not all CLSB interviews followed the same pattern. Some children were asked prodding Science questions, majority (but not all) were asked logic problems/puzzles, and also the actual interview time ranged considerably from under 10 minutes to 30 minutes+.
I guess this is what Indies do, treat each child differently as per his capabilities (based on exam score and school report), which is a nice welcome from the strict exam-based Grammar school admission criteria. With the added scholarship factor thrown in, as a parent it's difficult to guage how your DS did compared to others. The only thing I am sure of is a nervous 5 days wait between now and Friday....
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Interesting that the interview time varied so much. Under ten minutes!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now