Any feedback about John Lyon, St.James or Kew House Schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
J50

Re: Any feedback about John Lyon, St.James or Kew House Scho

Post by J50 »

When you say 'spacial' again, do you mean special? And you're claiming Hampton has a big department for this? Where is it?
Bazelle

Post by Bazelle »

to go back to initial question I think at Kew, since it will be in its 3rd year i.e. just starting and having lots to prove, I would think each DC would be given extra attention to make sure they achieve the best they can. I also think that at the moment, the children who accept a place at Kew would be those who didn't make it to the top tier academic schools, so if they pull out good results it would be a true reflection of the value added of the school. I know 2 families who didn't get Latymer Upper and ended up there and they are really happy with the school so far. Shame the uniform is so revolting :wink:
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

Bazelle wrote:to go back to initial question I think at Kew, since it will be in its 3rd year i.e. just starting and having lots to prove, I would think each DC would be given extra attention to make sure they achieve the best they can. I also think that at the moment, the children who accept a place at Kew would be those who didn't make it to the top tier academic schools, so if they pull out good results it would be a true reflection of the value added of the school. I know 2 families who didn't get Latymer Upper and ended up there and they are really happy with the school so far. Shame the uniform is so revolting :wink:
Thanks again Bazelle, good conclusion as well !
But in this case I would assume that JL having students who did not make it at MTS and Haberdasher's or even city of London!
You made me laugh when I read " Shame the uniform is so revolting " , yes ! weird mixing of colours! Even my son did not like it ! "Too much bright" he said! :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Hope4chance wrote:
Bazelle wrote:to go back to initial question I think at Kew, since it will be in its 3rd year i.e. just starting and having lots to prove, I would think each DC would be given extra attention to make sure they achieve the best they can. I also think that at the moment, the children who accept a place at Kew would be those who didn't make it to the top tier academic schools, so if they pull out good results it would be a true reflection of the value added of the school. I know 2 families who didn't get Latymer Upper and ended up there and they are really happy with the school so far. Shame the uniform is so revolting :wink:
Thanks again Bazelle, good conclusion as well !
But in this case I would assume that JL having students who did not make it at MTS and Haberdasher's or even city of London!
You made me laugh when I read " Shame the uniform is so revolting " , yes ! weird mixing of colours! Even my son did not like it ! "Too much bright" he said! :)
Sand -coloured chinos, ugh. All very American preppy, isn't it? The school uniform suppliers must be rubbing their hands with glee - with such an impractical colour, they must reckon on selling several skirts / pairs of trousers per child.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

Sand -coloured chinos, ugh. All very American preppy, isn't it? The school uniform suppliers must be rubbing their hands with glee - with such an impractical colour, they must reckon on selling several skirts / pairs of trousers per child.[/quote]

Yes! I was about to say the American style ! Also, the type of green in their uniform does not match this type of blue!
mad?

Post by mad? »

J50 wrote:When you say 'spacial' again, do you mean special? And you're claiming Hampton has a big department for this? Where is it?
Here
http://hamptonschool.org.uk/academic/learning-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mad?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Not sure it's necessary to keep pointing out mistakes in others' posts J50. I think everyone knew what was meant.
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

:) I did not even recognise that I have made a mistake till now! I was typing fast :lol:
Bazelle

Post by Bazelle »

Have you made a decision?
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

I am not sure so far Bazelle! A new offer came from St. Benedict's ! We have to rethink again! But between JL and St. Benedict's this time :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now