11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hope4chance

Re: Any feedback about John Lyon, St.James or Kew House Scho

Post by Hope4chance »

Maybe! Thanks Scary mum !
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I would hope that no parent would choose a school based on what they say in their brochure or website. No school is going to write or say anything negative about themselves. DG
AML

Post by AML »

JLS is not an academic school as reflected in its position in the league table. Good/bad they take a mixture of students, including those with special educational needs. It's games field is about 10 min drive away but adequate. Last term a friend of mine, her son following an altercation with an older child had his clothes thrown in the shower.
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

.. Absolutely no Daogroupie!
But the comment came regarding the solid base of JL as Bazelle said comparing to unknown future of Kew!
Some friends confirmed to me that their children at the beginning could do not catch up in JL, but the school's teachers helped them a lot to do very well in their academic life!
And unfortunately, we had a very bad experience with our present school!
Bazelle

Post by Bazelle »

The comment about the shower incident would worry me. However it depends how the school deals with that sort of problems. At City there was a similar incident in the changing room involving OG (year 6 10+ boys) and the 2 boys giving a hard time to a third boy were expelled for a day, which somehow reassured me.
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

AML wrote:JLS is not an academic school as reflected in its position in the league table. Good/bad they take a mixture of students, including those with special educational needs. It's games field is about 10 min drive away but adequate. Last term a friend of mine, her son following an altercation with an older child had his clothes thrown in the shower.
That is right, such thing is concerning! But incidents can happen in every school! No one is exempted.. The main thing is how the school react to solve such problems!

Most of schools take mixtures! For instance , Hampton school has a big qualified department for spacial educational needs! The mattar is all about competing to select the league students whatever and wherever their backgrounds or their needs were.
ItsNearlyOver

Post by ItsNearlyOver »

Do boys still have to shower in school? Oh no l hate that. Now need to pose a question on that in LU thread.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

My boys don't shower at school but I wish they did! Why couldn't you want them clean & fragrant?
scary mum
J50

Post by J50 »

Hope4chance wrote:
AML wrote:Most of schools take mixtures! For instance , Hampton school has a big qualified department for spacial educational needs! The mattar is all about competing to select the league students whatever and wherever their backgrounds or their needs were.

I'm struggling to understand what you are saying, but do you mean 'special' educational needs at Hampton? First I've heard of it...
Hope4chance

Post by Hope4chance »

J50 wrote:
Hope4chance wrote:
AML wrote:Most of schools take mixtures! For instance , Hampton school has a big qualified department for spacial educational needs! The mattar is all about competing to select the league students whatever and wherever their backgrounds or their needs were.

I'm struggling to understand what you are saying, but do you mean 'special' educational needs at Hampton? First I've heard of it...
What the thing that you are struggling to understand! Maybe you need to go up further of the previous conversation.

Yes at Hampton or MTS.. etc, most of schools, they have departments for spacial educational needs! And they give the opportunities to treat those students equally during the exams as some of them are talents but they have certain disabilities or hinderance to perform but must be with medical or professional reports ! You can check that in the policies sections of each schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now