Hampton or RGS (Guildford)

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
4andcounting

Hampton or RGS (Guildford)

Post by 4andcounting »

Offers from both. Totally undecided. Can get to both reasonably easily.
DS Bright, sociable, enjoys sport but probably not A team material. Enthusiastic and happy. He loves being part of a team, a boys boy. We have no idea what to do.
Suggestions?????
Thank you in advance
mad?

Re: Hampton or RGS (Guildford)

Post by mad? »

4andcounting wrote:Offers from both. Totally undecided. Can get to both reasonably easily.
DS Bright, sociable, enjoys sport but probably not A team material. Enthusiastic and happy. He loves being part of a team, a boys boy. We have no idea what to do.
Suggestions?????
Thank you in advance
Both good schools, if you can get to both easily (really???) then take a look at where each draws boys from. You want DS to be near his friends and not having to travel for miles to and from parties etc in later years. Equally you don't want to be a taxi service. Good luck.
mad?
sp12

Re: Hampton or RGS (Guildford)

Post by sp12 »

Congrats to you and your son.We went to see both Hampton and RGS. RGS school is in the High street and parts of the school is in the other side of the road opposite to the main school. The year 7 boys who showed us around joked about being late for lessons as they couldn't cross the road or got distracted by something (I am sure it won't be that much of a problem). For some reason we didn't feel the connection with the school which we were experiencing from the moment we stepped inside Hampton. Hampton staff very friendly, especially admissions dept I can't explain how much I appreciate their support during this process.
Hampton has school bus if you live in the bus route. No school bus in RGS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now