Sample papers for St Albans girls but no January date yet

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Sample papers for St Albans girls but no January date yet

Post by Daogroupie »

St Albans High School for girls have released their sample English and Maths papers but have not yet announced their date.

As you can see by my other post on exam dates, there is really only Tuesday 10th January left for them in the first two weeks so they really need to move quickly to secure it. I don't know what they are waiting for. Everyone else has announced.

In my opinion their papers are far too easy and their composition is too narrow. "Describe a piece of fruit in 10 lines" 20 marks

Their comprehension is only 43 lines and the questions are very straightforward. Even by Question 10 in the Maths they are still only on "draw the hands on the clock to represent 1630"

I do think they could have come up with something more challenging to justify leaving the consortium and had a look at what other schools are coming up with for ten year olds.

CIty of London School for Girls will be releasing their sample papers on 23rd June but they have already announced that they will be producing papers very close to the consortium papers.

Their reasons for leaving were different. They no longer wanted to have to host students who just fancied sitting the exam at City but had no real intention of going there. They also felt that geographically they had nothing in common with the other schools in their group which are mainly in West London.

They are offering two different dates for the exams to give parents options in case of a clash.

However everyone but St Albans have announced their date already so we don't seem to be suffering any clashes this year with Highgate moved to December and HBS to September. DG