New head at NLCS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Immortal Dreams

New head at NLCS

Post by Immortal Dreams »

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this - just wondering what everyone thought about the idea of a new headteacher at NLCS. A few people have suggested the change might affect NLCS applicant rates - anyone think there is truth to this rumour? Does anyone know who might be likely to take the job? Knowing the salary they pay I'm tempted to apply myself :lol:
shootmenow

Re: New head at NLCS

Post by shootmenow »

The NLCS ship will sail serenely on.....Nobody in the school community is worried. We'll miss Mrs McCabe as a great role model and innovator but she's been in post since 1997 and developing the global brand through partner schools will fund a lot of bursaries. There was speculation about who might be promoted from inside but it was based on the supposition that she would go at age 65 (3 more years). All bets are off now.
The transition will be very smooth as there will be a six month overlap period when the new Head arrives. Big shoes to fill- must be a top notch academic, manager and all-round goddess .
HotCrossBun

Re: New head at NLCS

Post by HotCrossBun »

It would make me more likely to consider applying for DD2. We must be a little odd, but we found her off-putting. I know you shouldn't focus on superficial things, but she was so high fashion, and appeared to have had a lot of plastic surgery. I am more of an "unreconstructed, second wave" type feminist. It just rubbed me the wrong way.