Compare Habs boys with QE

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11plusmission

Compare Habs boys with QE

Post by 11plusmission »

Hi

My son got good marks to get into QE, however we are open to independent schools as well, especially Habs boys
Though fees is not a big problem I am trying to analyse if it's worth the money
What sort of added benefits or facilities does Habs offer that QE doesn't?
He is more academic and not too much into sports, so this perk of Habs doesn't add much value in our case

Thanks
tiffinboys

Re: Compare Habs boys with QE

Post by tiffinboys »

Hi,

First decide what do you expect from school and then score these 2 schools. You will know the answer.
11plusmission

Post by 11plusmission »

If I had enough data to put down the scores, surely I wouldn't have posted the question on forum
I had attended the open days of both, but that 2 hours' visit doesn't enough insight on what the school has to offer next 7 years of senior school life
walkingfish

Post by walkingfish »

I assume it will be down to the extra additional exposure you might get from Habs (or independent schools in general) to decide if that's worth it.
11plusmission wrote:Hi

My son got good marks to get into QE, however we are open to independent schools as well, especially Habs boys
Though fees is not a big problem I am trying to analyse if it's worth the money
What sort of added benefits or facilities does Habs offer that QE doesn't?
He is more academic and not too much into sports, so this perk of Habs doesn't add much value in our case

Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Do a search of the hundreds - possibly thousands of threads on here about the schools and if you still have so specific questions then, I am sure people will be happy to answer.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

11plusmission wrote:If I had enough data to put down the scores, surely I wouldn't have posted the question on forum
I had attended the open days of both, but that 2 hours' visit doesn't enough insight on what the school has to offer next 7 years of senior school life
Then think of hiring Advisers. Would perhaps cost a fraction of a year's fee. :lol: :lol: