Good Luck to all the ds sitting Habs Boys today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sizzler

Re: Good Luck to all the ds sitting Habs Boys today

Post by Sizzler »

Early next week I guess, especially if interviews start from next Thursday. Habs are cutting it fine. Is this normal? Presumably most people would require notice so to arrange time off school and work.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

Cutting it very fine considering MTS were after HABS yet they managed to get results out in a few days. Let's make a sensible assumption of early next week. My DS is sitting City on Monday.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

HABS usually post results
AML

Post by AML »

fatherof2 wrote:Cutting it very fine considering MTS were after HABS yet they managed to get results out in a few days. Let's make a sensible assumption of early next week. My DS is sitting City on Monday.
Funny how some schools haven't even had the exam - while others have already got interview letters out.

Also maybe HABS had a higher number of applicants so more papers to mark?
AML

Post by AML »

Sizzler wrote:Early next week I guess, especially if interviews start from next Thursday. Habs are cutting it fine. Is this normal? Presumably most people would require notice so to arrange time off school and work.
Especially as HABS 'interview' parents as well. Merchant Taylor's have not had a second sitting I believe yet but still managed to get interview letters out.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

AML wrote:
fatherof2 wrote:Cutting it very fine considering MTS were after HABS yet they managed to get results out in a few days. Let's make a sensible assumption of early next week. My DS is sitting City on Monday.
Funny how some schools haven't even had the exam - while others have already got interview letters out.

Also maybe HABS had a higher number of applicants so more papers to mark?

I heard numbers were about par with Habs and MTS
possum

Post by possum »

Think there were about 400 at MTS and about 600 at HABS. Does interview invitation for Habs come by post or email? Also, what is the format of the MTS interview?
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

Some good news to share, my son has an interview for Habs. Letter arrived in the post. Good luck to all those waiting to hear, all the best
Mum2boys9

Post by Mum2boys9 »

^congrats fatherof2.
My ds also has an interview at Habs, regardless of outcome, I'm a very proud parent
Dowesit

Post by Dowesit »

no letter yet. Does anyone know how they select for interview? Is it the a percentage of the top aggregate scores or is it more subjective than that?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now