Kingston Grammar School Common Entrance Pre Test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mary

Kingston Grammar School Common Entrance Pre Test

Post by Mary »

My 11 year old son is due to sit the KGS pre test in October and I was wondering if anyone could advise me of their experience in this respect. In particular how much preparation should we do and which practice papers are good to use. The test is English, Maths and Reasoning; I think this is verbal reasoning but will ring the school to check.

I have some maths Common Entrance 11+ papers but he is now older than that category, the same applies to the verbal reasoning NFER papers. It only seems possible to obtain 4 NFER papers in any case.

I really want to utilise the summer as the test happens very quickly when he goes back in September. Our headmaster has put him into the scholarship group and should he get a scholarship it would be a great weight off the family.

Your help is much appreciated.
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

I would be interested in that as well. I started a thread on this school in 'Surrey' section thinking it was a state grammar but it is independent still I would like to know more about this one school and their admission procedure.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now