Whitgift & Trinity Exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Maap

Re: Whitgift & Trinity Exams

Post by Maap »

DD has just received an offer for Trinity :D I am so happy - I've been nervous all week so very pleased with now finally knowing.

Still waiting to hear from Whitgift - has anyone had a reply?
dad17

Post by dad17 »

We have got positive replies from both Trinity & Whitgift today, however there was no mention of Scholarship. We did not apply for any separate scholarship and were just banking on Academic one. Does it mean we did not get any or will there be any further post in coming days that would talk about scholarships.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

dad17 wrote:We have got positive replies from both Trinity & Whitgift today, however there was no mention of Scholarship. We did not apply for any separate scholarship and were just banking on Academic one. Does it mean we did not get any or will there be any further post in coming days that would talk about scholarships.
For another school we got the scholarship offers with the usual offer not so sure about this particular school. It's worth giving the school a call perhaps?
pepys74a

Post by pepys74a »

DS had scholarship offer as part of his offer letter today. Not sure if they operate a waiting list for scholarships, might be worth calling to find out.
Maap

Post by Maap »

We still haven't heard back from Whitgift?? :(

Have all offer/rejection letters been sent out at the same time in the previous years?
pepys74a

Post by pepys74a »

I suggest you call them, may have got lost in the post. All letters should have been posted on Thursday.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

pepys74a wrote:I suggest you call them, may have got lost in the post. All letters should have been posted on Thursday.
We had the same issue with St Paul's and they e-mailed the letter. Do call
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

It is four years ago we did this but we got all the letters on the Fri except Whitgift.
I phoned them and they gave the result over the phone and then we got the letter the next morning.
It was a postal delay, nothing more.
Wishing you the best of luck.
Maap

Post by Maap »

Thank you all for your replies.
I contacted Whitgift and DS has been offered a place :D

DS now has choice between Trinity and Whitgift. We would be pleased with either of the schools but have not really compared them until now. Can anyone tell me the main differences between both?

So happy this whole process is now finally over :D
wazza12

Re: Whitgift & Trinity Exams 10 plus

Post by wazza12 »

Hi
Does anyone know on average how many boys on the reserve list get offered a place?