Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 am 

You will be in small groups where you will be able to get to know the other dds and you will have a lovely mentor with you for the day who will be an existing student.

St Albans have created their own exam this year for the first time instead of using the Consortium papers. They have clearly stated that the Maths paper will cater for a wide range of backgrounds and that dds will not be expected to answer every question. So don't be discouraged if there are some questions with topics new to you.

Read the questions very very carefully, underline the key words and make sure you do everything that the question asks you to do and not just the first part.

Every dd I know of who has sat at St Albans has really enjoyed the day so make the most of the experience. You will be looked after really well and have the chance to see more of the school and have your questions answered.

Let us know how you found it but no details of the exam as there will be a backup date in one weeks time. DG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 pm 

My DD enjoyed her day but said the maths was quite tough. A rough estimate of 300+ girls there, including the preps - hard to tell precisely as they were in two groups in different parts of the school all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:34 pm 

Thank you. So approx 250 applicants for 50 places?

I wonder how many they will interview. DG