CLSG results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wrecktangle

CLSG results

Post by wrecktangle »

My daughter sat the CLSG exam last week. They say that results will be emailed this coming Friday! Do they actually give the score or just let you know that your daughter has made it to the next stage for an interview? I'm nervous as my daughter knows and wil no doubt want to know how she did. If it's not good news, I don't want to share with her until all her exams are over.
Frosty2017

Re: CLSG results

Post by Frosty2017 »

Pretty sure the email will just say whether they've made it to the interview or not without any more detail. Sounds pretty difficult not to share if your DD knows about the 13th and she has friends applying to the same school.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The email will only say one of two things:

1. Your application will not be taken further as your dd did not score highly enough in the academic exam. No details will given.

2. Your dd did well and the email will have a date for your interview.

If your dd does not know anyone else who sat you can keep it from her but please make sure she hears from you and not others. You don't want her having a miserable day at school because she hears that the results are out and has to wait all day to find out from you.

I know of students this has happened to. Just like you the parents wanted to protect them and it backfired massively as they were forced to watch others hearing great news personally from their parents and wait hours for their news. In the end they were so convinced it was bad news and so upset their parents were forced to tel them what was actually good news over the phone. If you have already told your dd that the email is arriving Friday then you will have to tell her, good news or bad news.

City do a higher percentage of interviews than Habs or NLCS so I really hope you will have good news for her. Best wishes to you. DG
wrecktangle

Post by wrecktangle »

Thanks Frosty and daogroupie
Thankfully only one other girl sat the CLSG exam in her class and her parents don't share anything with anyone! I'll just tell her she missed out by a few marks if I need to break it to her. I love CLSG and would love my daughter to get a place. Haven't thought about how she'd manage the tube journey though. Will cross that bridge if and when we need to!
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Just be honest with her. Don't lie about the few marks, you really have no idea. Children need to learn to be resilient and take knock-backs. The way I see it is if your child isn't offered a place at a particular school, it's not the right school for them.
Ibbotson

Post by Ibbotson »

Another one who says to be honest. We received one rejection for an interview already. I waited a couple of hours to tell DD for the same reasons you said, but actually she was fine with it. It helped that it wasn't her favourite school, and that she thought the exam hadn't gone well, but also she has seen several of her friends not get into super-selectives and so understands that it's really hard.

You may well be worrying for nothing, but it's best to give bad news quickly and matter-of-fact. As parents we tend to be more stressed than the kids.
wrecktangle

Post by wrecktangle »

Thanks everyone... you know .. honest is exactly what I'm going to be. We don't realise sometimes how resilient our kids can be! X
tonic_water

Post by tonic_water »

We've got our CLSG exam result email a few minutes ago. Apart from a load of administrative stuff about timings for the interviews, this is the only other information given:
I am delighted to inform you that xxxxxxx performed extremely well in her 11+ entrance exam for City of London School for Girls, and we are very pleased to offer her an interview here at City. We hope this is good news for you and xxxxxxx!

We had an extremely high number of applicants to City this year – just over 750 girls from a wide variety of schools. xxxxxxx, many congratulations. You should be extremely proud of your efforts so far – we are interviewing roughly 300 girls and we have sadly had to let hundreds of brilliant applicants know that they have not been selected for the final stage of the process. We do encourage you to empathise with any disappointed girls you may know of or who are in your class.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

What a lot of 'extremely' :lol:. Wouldn't score too well in a Creative Writing paper...

Congratulations to your DD, though :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
wrecktangle

Post by wrecktangle »

We got the same email.. chuffed to bits!!
Well done to all who did and commiserations to those who didn't quite make it. Now we have the interview to be nervous about!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now