Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sla212

Re: North London private school results for the boys

Post by Sla212 »

Anyone heard from Highgate or UCS yet?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Pinner wrote:Thank you all. I ma waiting for the results MTS, HBS, City of London. Have the offer from John Lyon but need one more offer at least.
Pinner, please don't worry so much - your son can only attend one school - you have one offer, and you applied to John Lyon, so you must like the school, so you are OK, whatever happens with the other schools! Some people today will end up with no offers and would love to be in your position!
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Pinner wrote:Thank you all. I ma waiting for the results MTS, HBS, City of London. Have the offer from John Lyon but need one more offer at least.
Pinner, please don't worry so much - your son can only attend one school - you have one offer, and you applied to John Lyon, so you must like the school, so you are OK, whatever happens with the other schools! Some people today will end up with no offers and would love to be in your position!

I wish all the boys and parents the outcome they wish for. I couldn't agree more with Kenyacowgirl; it's good to have a decent offer in the bag. I do however have great sympathy with all those waiting (as we were this time last week).

Perhaps one way to rationalise is to think that if a particular school doesn't want you, then you don't want to go there anyway - Everything I have read in the Forum and heard from others is that the place where the children end up going is usually the right fit for them, allowing the child the opportunity to thrive in the most appropriate environment.

Good luck!... and good luck also to the postman - I hope you managed to survive the baying parents!
Sla212

Post by Sla212 »

Highgate results are here....good news for us, completely thrilled!
Last edited by Sla212 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bibliovore

Post by Bibliovore »

Congratulations to all those who have secured places and good luck to those still waiting.

We were in this position last week with our DD. It seems very unfair that families with DS have had to wait a week longer.
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

Sla212 wrote:Highgate results are here....good news for us, completely thrilled!

Now to decide between two schools that we love!!
What an enviable position to be in, welll done! Remind us of the other offer you're holding?
bobh1

Post by bobh1 »

If the postman doesn't arrive soon, I'm going out to look for him!
Bee

Post by Bee »

bobh1 wrote:If the postman doesn't arrive soon, I'm going out to look for him!
Last week, DH worked from home, as he couldn’t wait for the evening for the post.
I told him to go to the postman’s house, he lives on our road and we have known him for years. :lol:
Anoka

Post by Anoka »

It's good news for us too. Though we weren't offered a Habs place, we have been offered one at St Albans which is my ds' preference. So chuffed.

Congratulations to everyone who has received good news and commiserations to everyone who's been disappointed.

I hope everyone gets what they desire for their dc even if it isn't at a school they had originally considered.
Mum2boys9

Post by Mum2boys9 »

My ds was offered Habs and St Albans. Very happy household. We are taking ds out for an ice cream and a treat for all his hard work.

Good luck to all x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now