North London private school results for the boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stroller

Re: North London private school results for the boys

Post by Stroller »

Pinner wrote: Got the offers from HABS and MTS (Drama Schol). Our post came at 1:00. So happy!!!!!!!!!!!
There's something nicely symmetrical about news of a scholarship worth 1% of the fees arriving at 1:00. :lol: Congratulate your son. Good luck with the decision-making process in the next few weeks. Have a great weekend.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

Post finally arrived!!! Very very happy son, very generous offers from MTS and HABs!! It was a long long wait!! Well done to everyone.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Lots of great news on here. Hope you are all out celebrating.

Pinner, so very thrilled for you. Hope you have a lovely evening with your family with your three offers.

So glad to see everyone who posted got at least one great school. DG
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

fatherof2 wrote:Post finally arrived!!! Very very happy son, very generous offers from MTS and HABs!! It was a long long wait!! Well done to everyone.
Many congratulations fatherof2. I see from your other post you're releasing Habs and John Lyon, so we might be welcoming you to MTS?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Very many congratulations to all your dc's on their offers, relax and enjoy the weekend and I hope that some of you will stay around and help next year's cohort.

Please spare a thought for those who haven't received such good news. My commiserations and I hope that you can take a moment to gather yourselves before deciding on what to do next.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

CandyCrush wrote:
fatherof2 wrote:Post finally arrived!!! Very very happy son, very generous offers from MTS and HABs!! It was a long long wait!! Well done to everyone.
Many congratulations fatherof2. I see from your other post you're releasing Habs and John Lyon, so we might be welcoming you to MTS?
Thanking you sincerely CandyCrush
Yes indeed. We are looking forward to being part of the MTS family :D
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

fatherof2 wrote:
CandyCrush wrote:
Thanking you sincerely CandyCrush
Yes indeed. We are looking forward to being part of the MTS family :D
I am very happy indeed to hear you're joining MTS. We are delighted with the school and hope you will be too. I'm sure your ds will enjoy many happy years there.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

Yes indeed. We are looking forward to being part of the MTS family :D[/quote]
I am very happy indeed to hear you're joining MTS. We are delighted with the school and hope you will be too. I'm sure your ds will enjoy many happy years there.[/quote]

Feeling much better, it's been a rollercoaster to say the least. I have PM'd you too
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Pinner wrote:Thank you all. I ma waiting for the results MTS, HBS, City of London. Have the offer from John Lyon but need one more offer at least.
Pinner, please don't worry so much - your son can only attend one school - you have one offer, and you applied to John Lyon, so you must like the school, so you are OK, whatever happens with the other schools! Some people today will end up with no offers and would love to be in your position!
Thank you very much Kenyancowgirl. We received an offer from HABA, and MTS - Drama school. Over the moon
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

Northdad wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:
Pinner wrote:Thank you all. I ma waiting for the results MTS, HBS, City of London. Have the offer from John Lyon but need one more offer at least.
Pinner, please don't worry so much - your son can only attend one school - you have one offer, and you applied to John Lyon, so you must like the school, so you are OK, whatever happens with the other schools! Some people today will end up with no offers and would love to be in your position!

I wish all the boys and parents the outcome they wish for. I couldn't agree more with Kenyacowgirl; it's good to have a decent offer in the bag. I do however have great sympathy with all those waiting (as we were this time last week).

Perhaps one way to rationalise is to think that if a particular school doesn't want you, then you don't want to go there anyway - Everything I have read in the Forum and heard from others is that the place where the children end up going is usually the right fit for them, allowing the child the opportunity to thrive in the most appropriate environment.

Good luck!... and good luck also to the postman - I hope you managed to survive the baying parents!
Thank you north dad. We are over the moon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now