Merchant Taylors 11+ test, comments from sons?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pochu

Merchant Taylors 11+ test, comments from sons?

Post by pochu »

My son mentioned that the Maths was a lot harder and had many more questions than the past MT papers and in fact he thought the Habs maths was a lot easier! He did not finish a few questions in the English comprehension and said there were 100 VR questions to answer in 45 mins. He left about 5 VR questions. Fingers crossed! My 1st choice is MT but DS likes Habs! ( he found the English paper challenging at Habs)

I would be interested in finding out how other boys found the test at MT and/or Habs.
TMW

Post by TMW »

The only comment I got that was of much use was that there was a very hard 3 point question involving complicated angles. First part of the maths was easy but it got much harder.

Sounds like the comprehension paper was quite exciting, with air balloons and a Hindenburg like scene.
simon

Post by simon »

My son found the English at Habs hard. He thought that the MT maths paper was harder than the specimen the school sent us but do-able and the English was OK. He preferred MT's VR paper to the one at Habs which he found hard.