Phone calls from NLCS to families without offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsB

Re: Phone calls from NLCS to families without offers

Post by MrsB »

FAC51 wrote:
westwestwest wrote: I was also wondering how this family was able to do this in practice? The offer letter of Habs Boys clearly stated that the school is in some sort of "non compete" agreement with other schools that no other schoo should continue to deal with the parent who has accepted Habs' offer. They also listed all the schools covered by the agreement, and I think most of the usual school names in London are covered, probably including St Albans as well.
Yes, it covers a group of boys' schools in S. Herts / NW London. But NOT the Central London schools.

I assume DG was talking about girls.
I agree it's very selfish to hang on to places for so long, although the families concerned must then be stung for hefty deposits. However I' not sure how the schools could reach an agreement not to compete - they would not be able to share a list of names without the consent of parents surely? Is there something in the small print that people signed up to giving consent?
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

The consent is there in the exam registration form.
Itsnotoveryet

Post by Itsnotoveryet »

Dadto4

Please call Habs Monday morning. I've just read your post. I gave up a place on Friday. They will have a place.

Please call them. Good luck
dadto4

Post by dadto4 »

Itsnotoveryet wrote:Dadto4

Please call Habs Monday morning. I've just read your post. I gave up a place on Friday. They will have a place.

Please call them. Good luck
Itsnotoveryet, thank you very much for letting me know. I presume that I wasn't the only person who said they wanted to be kept on the waiting list though, hopefully I'm not too far down. I will call them Monday morning.
Itsnotoveryet

Post by Itsnotoveryet »

dadto4

Yes, I assume there are many girls on the waiting list. However showing how keen you are may help. Drop an email to them now asking if there has been movement. Call them first thing as a follow up. Fingers crossed
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

yes, if you call you make it easy for them. We have a place and here is a Habs family who wants a place, this will save us a few phone calls. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now