Alleyn's School, Dulwich

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FAC51

Re: Alleyn's School, Dulwich

Post by FAC51 »

MrsB wrote:Contrast the indie we applied to where they did fun things before and the parents had a nice lunch.
Lucky you.

We didn't get so much as a cup of coffee on exam day at any of the Indies we'd paid our registration fees to!

DS did get lunch at one of them though.

Remember, every child sitting a state school test is costing the school money!
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

FAC51 wrote:[Remember, every child sitting a state school test is costing the school money!
Which was my main point - apply to a grammar if you genuinely want to consider the school, but don't use the state grammar exam as a free mock exam if you don't
Amber

Post by Amber »

MrsB wrote:apply to a grammar if you genuinely want to consider the school, but don't use the state grammar exam as a free mock exam if you don't
To underline your point, here is a short extract from The Times feature yesterday on 11+ tourism (my emphasis):
Del Cooke, head teacher at Henrietta Barnett, said that testing 2,400 girls on the same day was a huge undertaking. “It’s very difficult to deal with, you get no funding for it. You have to run it accurately — we can’t make mistakes — and it’s particularly challenging."
mememe2020

Post by mememe2020 »

Can I ask those who have done the Alleym's 11+ recently, is it multiple choice questions?
Thank you for your kind words of advice!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Alleyns is standard format which means you write in the answers.

They have sample papers on their website. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now