Dulwich College VR and NVR

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mobilecomms

Dulwich College VR and NVR

Post by Mobilecomms »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of Dulwich College? If so can you recommend any books/past papers to prep for VR and NVR for DC? I am trying to figure out what types of questions we need for prep for DC. For example, for VR do we need to do codes and for NVR do we need to look at Nets for example? Any advice very gratefully received!
fleurdelacourt

Re: Dulwich College VR and NVR

Post by fleurdelacourt »

good luck getting a response on this! the test is done online and the boys don't seem to remember anything significant?

ds didn't seem to think it was anything out of the ordinary so guess all the usual books will provide good practice?
bubblechops

Post by bubblechops »

Hello, my daughter maybe did similar tests for JAGs (as it's in the same foundation as Alleyn's and Dulwich I think?) Anyway, at the pre selection morning she did a series of online tests which I think included VR and NVR - again, she didn't find them particularly hard or out of the ordinary. Didn't do a great deal on VR or NVR practice beforehand apart from a few tests from the Bond books (the 12+ age range though if I remember correctly, not the 11+ ones) We also downloaded a vocab app from First Past the Post - think it was called 'Vocab builder' and she did a few of those tests which she enjoyed and I think probably helped her with the VR.
Mobilecomms

Post by Mobilecomms »

Thanks bubble and fleur that's actually helpful as I didn't realise the DC VR and NVR tests were online!
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Try the First Past the Post VR and NVR for practice and also the GL papers.