Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 132
Hi All
Not sure if aim even allowed to ask this - but are there any recommended online resources where I can get past independent school papers with answers ?

Of course please do pm if recommendations cannot be made openly.

Many thanks,

Queenma


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:24 am
Posts: 23
Dulwich College provides their mark sheets for maths on the school website, most schools don't, some don't even share sample questions. There are some independent organisations offering a fee to provide answers to past papers, although I haven't used so couldn't recommend.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10558
Location: Essex
Manchester Grammar School puts it papers and marking schemes up on its website.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 am
Posts: 8
I have been struggling with answers to English comprehensions for a while as we are preparing our dc without a tutor. I have recently come across a great book on amazon kindle. It is exactly what we needed, provides answers and lots of valuable tips on technique on approaching each question and formulating answers for full marks. I would recommend it to anyone who feels lost in written English comprehensions and struggles with marking your child's answers.

Link removed by moderator

Hope it helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10558
Location: Essex
Bigfriendlygiant wrote:
I have been struggling with answers to English comprehensions for a while as we are preparing our dc without a tutor. I have recently come across a great book on amazon kindle. It is exactly what we needed, provides answers and lots of valuable tips on technique on approaching each question and formulating answers for full marks. I would recommend it to anyone who feels lost in written English comprehensions and struggles with marking your child's answers.



Hope it helps.


Including several detailed chapters on the use of the apostrophe, one expects?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:27 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: london
ToadMum wrote:
Including several detailed chapters on the use of the apostrophe, one expects?

:shock:

_________________
mad?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 6735
...Yes, sorry....from the errors I've spotted on that front page, I dread to think what they are advising inside!!! I would avoid this book like the plague.... :shock: :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10558
Location: Essex
But what if there really is only one North London Independent Girl and she does, in fact, have a school all to herself?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 6735
This is North London you're talking about....there is bound to be one!!! :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Posts: 682
ToadMum wrote:
But what if there really is only one North London Independent Girl and she does, in fact, have a school all to herself?


:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021