Dilemma and interview!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumford3

Dilemma and interview!

Post by Mumford3 »

I have been following this forum for a long time. I have battled to get two older ones into our local highly competitve independent school. There is only one school year between the second and third so we are at it again for 2018. My dd number three loves drama and as a concession and not expecting anything i applied for Sylvi young drama school and we just auditioned. She was the only one with no experience! But they offered her a place almost immediately. I'm torn! We have been on this path for so long. We have indie interviews coming up, do we mention it? Do I send her!!
Daogroupie

Re: Dilemma and interview!

Post by Daogroupie »

A number of friends of my dds have had this dilemma.

They have decided to pick up the best academic results they can before focusing on dance and drama. They have had offers but decided to stay in mainstream school until after GCSES.

One moved to drama school after GCSEs but another who had two dance school offers decided to stay and do A levels before moving.

I know other forum members have dds who are combining academic study and dance at school.

Do the indy exams and then decide. DG
Mumford3

Post by Mumford3 »

Thanks. I think that's where we are at. We have two at indie school and really want her to join them. Then again I can't give her what SY can as I work and have two other kids. Thanks for reply.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If she can get in productions now the SY will be more flexible and give her great opportunities.

I had a boy in my tutor group many years back that was in a London production and it was hard for him to keep up in a 'normal' school.
chocraisin

Post by chocraisin »

Is she very passionate about dance/drama? If so I would be very inclined to go with SY as it could open her up to opportunities she might not get elsewhere.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now