11 Plus Exams Forum

Dilemma and interview!
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Mumford3 [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Dilemma and interview!

I have been following this forum for a long time. I have battled to get two older ones into our local highly competitve independent school. There is only one school year between the second and third so we are at it again for 2018. My dd number three loves drama and as a concession and not expecting anything i applied for Sylvi young drama school and we just auditioned. She was the only one with no experience! But they offered her a place almost immediately. I'm torn! We have been on this path for so long. We have indie interviews coming up, do we mention it? Do I send her!!

Author:  Daogroupie [ Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dilemma and interview!

A number of friends of my dds have had this dilemma.

They have decided to pick up the best academic results they can before focusing on dance and drama. They have had offers but decided to stay in mainstream school until after GCSES.

One moved to drama school after GCSEs but another who had two dance school offers decided to stay and do A levels before moving.

I know other forum members have dds who are combining academic study and dance at school.

Do the indy exams and then decide. DG

Author:  Mumford3 [ Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dilemma and interview!

Thanks. I think that's where we are at. We have two at indie school and really want her to join them. Then again I can't give her what SY can as I work and have two other kids. Thanks for reply.

Author:  Guest55 [ Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dilemma and interview!

If she can get in productions now the SY will be more flexible and give her great opportunities.

I had a boy in my tutor group many years back that was in a London production and it was hard for him to keep up in a 'normal' school.

Author:  chocraisin [ Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dilemma and interview!

Is she very passionate about dance/drama? If so I would be very inclined to go with SY as it could open her up to opportunities she might not get elsewhere.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group