City of London Boys (CLSB) 11+ entry Reasoning Test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
FAC51

Re: City of London Boys (CLSB) 11+ entry Reasoning Test

Post by FAC51 »

squareofthewicket wrote:There are some indie schools that do this kind of computer based cognitive test. e.g St. Pauls. This is effectively a computer based CEM style exam. One other important point, I believe is, that you are not able to go back and check your answers even if you have time left after finishing the section.
MCLC wrote:When my DS sat for City 11 plus two years ago I met a woman at the entrance exam in January who told me her son had sat a pretest. I think it may have been on the computer?
The ISEB pre-test (sat at 11+, for 13+ entry) is set by GL, so not sure it is "CEM style".
It is "adaptive testing" - selection of questions faced depends on answers given to previous questions - which makes it impossible to go back and check previous questions.

In recent years, Central London boys' schools at least have started to use the pretest (or something very similar) as a 1st round for 11+ entry.

The Girls' Schools Consortium is going a step further and planning to get rid of the written exam at 11+, relying only on computerised test and interview.
Bazelle

Post by Bazelle »

My son sat that type of test for John Lyon 3 years ago or so (ISEB pre-test) and he thought he did really badly as the better your answers are, the harder the next questions will be if I am not mistaken. He said that this was one of the hardest test he sat.
iMum

Post by iMum »

[sjroshan"]My DS is sitting for the CLSB partial bursary qualifying reasoning test on the 1st of Dec and I would appreciate if anyone could give me an insight into the computerized assessment? They have mentioned that it will cover VR, NVR and NR. Is it similar to the 11plus grammar school test prep materials? Any additional prep materials I should look into?

I have visited the school along with a few other Indie schools and its one of our top choice schools'. Kids who have scored high are only allowed to sit their entrance exam in mid-January 2018.]

My DS also going to sit for the CLSB partial bursary qualifying reasoning test in the November 28th this year (2018). Could you please give some information about this new computerized assessment that your son has been through? What does it include (Does it cover VR, NVR and NR or just VR)? Thank you.
AML

Post by AML »

FAC51 wrote: In recent years, Central London boys' schools at least have started to use the pretest (or something very similar) as a 1st round for 11+ entry.
[/quote]

Is there a pretest for 11+ City Boys, can’t see it mentioned on the website
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

AML wrote:Is there a pretest for 11+ City Boys, can’t see it mentioned on the website
There was 3 years ago.

No mention of anything on the website at the moment, it just says:

"Registration for 11+ 2019 has now closed...
...Registration for 11+ 2020 and beyond will open in the new year."

You'll have to wait until registration re-opens
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now