Re: St Pauls School for Girls first round computer test resu

Post by tiffinboys »

If that was the case......

A page from the school’s website....
http://spgs.org/admissions/fees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

The sports kit for most at many of these schools can get pricey. I can honestly say the girls do not wear designer clothes and look fairly scruffy. I know that's hard for anyone who doesn't know the school to understand, but wearing fancy clothes just isn't part of the ethos of school. The fees are insane, but so are the fees at Westminster, St Paul's, South Bank and ASL.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

The fees are insane, but so are the fees at Westminster, St Paul's, South Bank and ASL.
So true.
I can honestly say the girls do not wear designer clothes and look fairly scruffy.
That's not our impression, though we were there only 2 times.

However, we still liked the school for its excellence in teaching and enrichment activities/events.
RSWest

Post by RSWest »

Not a major fan of non-uniform policy as I am too used to the concept of uniform till uni but nowhere and nothing is perfect for everyone and if this the policy at DD’s favourite school, so be it.

Pragmatically speaking, do the experienced parents have a list of what is required uniform/sports kit wise so that we know what exactly to fight others off for at the MIV tea up :D . Joking here but would be nice to know.
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Yes they will send you a list of what you'll need, etc. Do not attempt to purchase any gear without your DD as the sizing is a bit weird. The kit is sold by Stevensons and you can make an appointment with them on a day when they are at the school. Dates given in welcome pack.
RSWest

Post by RSWest »

nylon14 wrote:Yes they will send you a list of what you'll need, etc. Do not attempt to purchase any gear without your DD as the sizing is a bit weird. The kit is sold by Stevensons and you can make an appointment with them on a day when they are at the school. Dates given in welcome pack.
Thank you Nylon14 for your advice here and before. Hope to find lots of supportive parents like you once we join!
Bee

Post by Bee »

RSWest wrote:Not a major fan of non-uniform policy as I am too used to the concept of uniform till uni but nowhere and nothing is perfect for everyone and if this the policy at DD’s favourite school, so be it.

Pragmatically speaking, do the experienced parents have a list of what is required uniform/sports kit wise so that we know what exactly to fight others off for at the MIV tea up :D . Joking here but would be nice to know.

On the day of MIV tea second hand sale, first thing to buy is lacrosse stick and may be tennis racket, sold at very reasonable price. We couldn't find any other PE uniform or shoes that fit DD as she's small built.

From the PE kit list, you can buy all the compulsory items except the track suit as my DD or anyone in her class haven't worn them. I suggest buying two pairs of leggings as the do lots of PE, or you can wait and see how it goes.

You can buy moulded football shoes instead of lacrosse shoes as it's much cheaper.

MIV tea is a great time to meet other parents and children
RSWest

Post by RSWest »

Bee wrote:
RSWest wrote:Not a major fan of non-uniform policy as I am too used to the concept of uniform till uni but nowhere and nothing is perfect for everyone and if this the policy at DD’s favourite school, so be it.

On the day of MIV tea second hand sale, first thing to buy is lacrosse stick and may be tennis racket, sold at very reasonable price. We couldn't find any other PE uniform or shoes that fit DD as she's small built.

From the PE kit list, you can buy all the compulsory items except the track suit as my DD or anyone in her class haven't worn them. I suggest buying two pairs of leggings as the do lots of PE, or you can wait and see how it goes.

You can buy moulded football shoes instead of lacrosse shoes as it's much cheaper.

MIV tea is a great time to meet other parents and children

Very useful! Thank younso much Bee.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now