St Pauls School for Girls first round computer test results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: St Pauls School for Girls first round computer test resu

Post by tiffinboys »

Elky wrote:I might add, for clarity, that we have been awarded a potentially fairly hefty bursary which eases the financial pain somewhat!
Why one would need to clarify and to whom?
Elky

Post by Elky »

Haven't you read the thread? I am talking to RSWest, not you.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Did she ask if you got bursary? And even if some one does, you dont need to clarify how you could afford this school. :wink:

Congrats to your DD.
Islandmom

Post by Islandmom »

Congrats to those with offers, and best wishes to those still in search. Should still be plenty of movement. Amazingly DD was fortunate to get a few offers and SPGS is first choice but we need to consider the “bottomline” realities as she was not offered a scholarship.
Elky

Post by Elky »

tiffinboys wrote:Did she ask if you got bursary? And even if some one does, you dont need to clarify how you could afford this school. :wink:

Congrats to your DD.
RSWest mentioned that it was the most expensive school her DD applied to, though she was thinking of accepting anyway. I am not trying to get one up on anyone. I am merely pointing out that we are lucky enough not to have to worry about paying all of the, quite frankly, eyewatering fees. I may have made a different decision if I did.

Not quite sure why I am bothering to explain but just in case anyone else is struggling with the subtext of this fairly simple conversation.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Islandmom wrote:Congrats to those with offers, and best wishes to those still in search. Should still be plenty of movement. Amazingly DD was fortunate to get a few offers and SPGS is first choice but we need to consider the “bottomline” realities as she was not offered a scholarship.
Usually at most schools, scholarships are not large sums; bursary may be.
WorriedSick

Post by WorriedSick »

tiffinboys wrote:
Elky wrote:I might add, for clarity, that we have been awarded a potentially fairly hefty bursary which eases the financial pain somewhat!
Sometimes, tiffinboys, if you have nothing good/helpful/constructive/useful/sensible to say, silence is golden.

Congratulations to everyone with good news. Enjoy your half term.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Elky wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:Did she ask if you got bursary? And even if some one does, you dont need to clarify how you could afford this school. :wink:

Congrats to your DD.
RSWest mentioned that it was the most expensive school her DD applied to, though she was thinking of accepting anyway. I am not trying to get one up on anyone. I am merely pointing out that we are lucky enough not to have to worry about paying all of the, quite frankly, eyewatering fees. I may have made a different decision if I did.

Not quite sure why I am bothering to explain but just in case anyone else is struggling with the subtext of this fairly simple conversation.
Potentially, there could have been half a dozen or more posts popping up between the one you were responding to and your response. It always helps clarify things he one quotes the relevant post, as the one immediately above may no longer be the one targeted :) .

(I'm fairly certain that tiffinboys and I have got ourselves in a muddle a propos of this in the past...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

WorriedSick wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:
Sometimes, tiffinboys, if you have nothing good/helpful/constructive/useful/sensible to say, silence is golden. .
Silence is golden.
I see you forgot that too. :wink:

I thought, wrongly, that Elky was under pressure to clarify about affordability.
RSWest

Post by RSWest »

Thank you for the clarification Elky!