Two weeks of torture

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zorro

Two weeks of torture

Post by zorro »

It's gone very quiet out there!
Everyone must be hibernating waiting for The Letter! 2 weeks today-think it's going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life!
Good Luck to everyone.
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Two weeks of torture

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

zorro wrote:Everyone must be hibernating
We have a longer wait... what we do will be dependent on the March 3rd results...

tick... tock...

At least the exams and interviews are all done...

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
zorro

two weeks of torture

Post by zorro »

We have one on 22nd Feb and Dame Alice Owen on 3rd March but the odds are so against us on that one I've already discounted it!
Which schools are you waiting for?
Enter Dad...

Post by Enter Dad... »

Same here zorro. We're waiting for the independents and HBS. My Dd wants to go to HBS - I hope her wish comes true.

Good luck.
zorro

two weeks of torture

Post by zorro »

Good Luck! Which independents? We are waiting for Aldenham School, Habs Boys and St.Alban's were way too hard-think you have to be pretty exceptional to get in to either of these. If we don't manage Aldenham we will have to go to a prep school for 2 years and then try again at 13!
Hope you have good news.
At least HBS would save you some serious money- 2 girls in my son's class are waiting to hear from them too.
filbert

Post by filbert »

I'm not sure how well the extra 2 yrs at Prep would work. Lads I know of at one Prep have just been taking their entrance exams and interviews at 11 to secure their places now for age 13. They then stay at their current prep until 13 knowing where they will go after. So there may not be as many places left as you might think at that age.
zorro

two weeks of torture

Post by zorro »

Hi,
I have just visited 2 really good prep schools (my son currently at state primary) and the headmasters have assured me that this is a good alternative , they take the 13 plus or Common Entrance Exam in Yr 8.
Several boys who have joined them from state primaries have got scholarships to the likes of Habs Boys and St.Albans.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now