UCS Boys Waiting List

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shelly1

UCS Boys Waiting List

Post by shelly1 »

Does anyone know what the likelihood is of getting offered a place from the waiting lists at UCS boys hampstead

We have received a letter that says we may be offered a place in March, and not to accept another place until then if we can hold out. did anyone ever hear of people making it from the wait-list to the school, and does anyone know how these lists work in terms of ranking. the school won't give any information on rank order?
May22

Re: UCS Boys Waiting List

Post by May22 »

Hi, were you offered a place as a result of being on the waiting list. My DS is on the waiting list for UCS but has a firm offer from MTS. UCS is our first choice as it’s closer.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of two families who are turning down UCS as they have been offered schools closer to them.

Right now there are lots of families sitting with lots of offers and their dc can only attend one school, so a lot of offers will be handed back in the next two weeks.

DG
Ldn1113

Post by Ldn1113 »

Hi, this is our experience last year.
The following day of acceptance deadline, they sent us email that no place is available at the moment and if we still like to remain on the reserve list, let them know.
Since we had accepted other offer, we replied to ask to remove my DS from the list.
They asked which school he is going(it was the only school which asked my DS’s destination among withdrawals of offers/reserve list).
However a lower ranking boy(they told us my DS’s ranking on the list earlier) got an offer at the end of March.

This is just my thought but they want to minimise the number from the reserve list.

So I am not sure if they will give an offer before their acceptance deadline but there should be a chance especially after their deadline.

Good luck.
MCMG

Post by MCMG »

I just wanted to say that after a huge amount of consideration we declined our UCS offer this morning so I really hope this helps someone. We went with City primarily because of an easier commute, hang in there everyone! There will be movement over the next week on wait lists
11plus13plus

Post by 11plus13plus »

They just called us (half hour after the midday deadline) and said they will offer a 11+ place to DS. We refused as we have accepted other school. But yes, they started calling people now.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now