Habs girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wearedone

Habs girls

Post by Wearedone »

Habs girls
Can I please get some feedback from parents with daughters at Habs ?
guesswho

Re: Habs girls

Post by guesswho »

My DD is half way through the senior school at Habs she has been there since the junior school.
She is very happy, works hard, has lovely friends and fantastic extra curricular opportunities. The expectations at Habs are high in all areas -they are expected give of their best in everything - sport, art, music and of course all the academics.
Habs is very much the school you see on an open day visit; it runs like clockwork, the facilities are great and there is always lots going on. It's a school, like many where the more you put in, the more you get out of the experience.
If there is an issue, it is that a lot of the girls don't seem to feel "clever." Even the most able ones. From what i can see, this doesn't come from the teachers, who are by and large, young and enthusiastic about their subjects. Parents evenings have always been glowing and supportive. I think it comes from being surrounded by many other high achieving girls, perhaps it is the same in other highly selective girls schools.
When i went to see the school all those years ago, I knew it was the right place for my DD, and i have never stopped feeling that way.
Like all schools not everyone is happy but i feel Habs have the right things in place to make sure that the girls are supported pastorally to ensure that they thrive. More and more integration with the boys' school seems to be a positive addition too.
Wearedone

Post by Wearedone »

Thank you so much for your reply! It’s very helpful
I am glad you are happy with the school. Thank you
Saintrockz

Post by Saintrockz »

i am holding a waiting list offer for NLCS and their acceptance date is the 7th, I know St pauls acceptance date is the 2nd, and City of London the 3rd, does any one know when the Habs girls acceptance date is?
Im crossing fingers that some families will be taking up those places soon and so NLCS will come back to me.

it is such a stressful time right now. We do hold an offer with Northwood college and St Albans but really want NLCS.

It is so different to the boys schools who from friends say the acceptance date is the same. i am assuming there are other parents who hold offers with city and St pauls and waitlist for NLCS who will take city/st pauls but then would have taken the place at nlcs,( once the waitlist has moved after city and st pauls close)

am i being unrealistic thinking the waiting list will move?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the issue about waiting lists is the degree to which the school has over offered knowing that many will take up places elsewhere. I expect many people will make a decision by 7th and hopefully you will get some news
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The waiting list will move. I know of girls who have received offers off the waiting list each year.

This year I know of girls waiting for HBS who have NLCS offers and I know of other girls on the waiting list for St Pauls who are holding NLCS.

Yes they over offer but the waiting lists still move. DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote:The waiting list will move. I know of girls who have received offers off the waiting list each year.

This year I know of girls waiting for HBS who have NLCS offers and I know of other girls on the waiting list for St Pauls who are holding NLCS.

Yes they over offer but the waiting lists still move. DG
I am sure that is what they aim to happen - it would be look bad for the WL to either move a huge amount or not at all.
Saintrockz

Post by Saintrockz »

would any one share when the habs acceptance date is?
N14mother

Post by N14mother »

2nd March 1200
Saintrockz

Post by Saintrockz »

thank you so much! just rang NLCS and no movement. I am hoping the offer events at St Pauls and Habs and City will make some people give up their spaces.

It is so hard right now to see straight, i keep on thinking it will happen but im loosing hope. I know they over offer but what i am deucing is no one has declined there offers which is why they can not go to their waitlist.

I heard from some other mums that as NLCS doesnt offer scholarships, those with scholarships at other schools would accept their places and let NLCS go.

Anyway i know i am rambling! thank you all
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now