MTS from Arkley

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
whattodo?

MTS from Arkley

Post by whattodo? »

Hi all,

If anyone is doing this coach route to MTS please could you pm me as we are seriously considering it. I want to understand how long it actually takes and how your ds feels at the end of the journey.

We would have a 10 min drive to the coach stop from home twice a day and need to factor in younger kids etc.

Is the Barnet coach one of the first to leave school at 3:45? What's traffic like around the Arkley pub at that time? I'm planning on a few dummy runs next week as DG suggested in my other post...

I'd also like to get in touch with other families in this area so that my ds can know someone before he starts... :shock:

thank you all
kenyancowgirl

Re: MTS from Arkley

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Your end comment implies that you have already decided on MTS.... :(

I would advise that you do a week of travel, beginning and end of day, over a normal term time week - not half term. Obviously that won't give your son a clue how shattered he will be - perhaps your husband could do it with you? It might be useful for him to try and imagine the journey for an 11 year old, and rising, day in day out for the next 5-7 years.

But, as I said, it sounds as if, with your planning on making friends before he goes, that your husband has persuaded you already.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now