St Pauls Boys - 11+ Deferred Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WOTSIT

St Pauls Boys - 11+ Deferred Interview

Post by WOTSIT »

My DS has been fortunate to be called for interview for St Paul's (Colet Court) after sitting the 11+ deferred exam in January. I am keen to understand the types of questions that would normally arise in the interview. I believe the DS will see the Headteacher for one interview, and then a separate second interview with two members of staff.... I was surprised that there were two interviews for DS (and also a separate one for me!). I have searched on the forum, however, haven't found any specific information for St Paul's (or under its former name - Colet Court) - is there anyone on the boards who has passed through this process last year, or could offer pointers. My DS is a little nervous - he is only in Year 5, and at a State School - this will be his first interview of any kind :?

Thanks
Daogroupie

Re: St Pauls Boys - 11+ Deferred Interview

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes.

I know two students who are interviewing next week, both from state schools.

You can help him by sitting down with him and asking him questions about his hobbies and the book he is reading and make sure he is watching the news and has something to say about the major issues of the day and knows a bit about who are the major figures who run the country.

Also ask him about his favourite subjects at school and what subject he is looking forward to do that he does not do currently.

Also talk about any sport or music he might do.

He will find the time will go in no time.

Hope it goes well for him.

They might ask him some questions about a poem or a short piece of comprehension so make sure he knows his literary devices. DG
WOTSIT

Re: St Pauls Boys - 11+ Deferred Interview

Post by WOTSIT »

Daogroupie wrote:Yes.

I know two students who are interviewing next week, both from state schools.

You can help him by sitting down with him and asking him questions about his hobbies and the book he is reading and make sure he is watching the news and has something to say about the major issues of the day and knows a bit about who are the major figures who run the country.

Also ask him about his favourite subjects at school and what subject he is looking forward to do that he does not do currently.

Also talk about any sport or music he might do.

He will find the time will go in no time.

Hope it goes well for him.

They might ask him some questions about a poem or a short piece of comprehension so make sure he knows his literary devices. DG
Wow - Thanks for the super fast reply! The pointers are really helpful.

I was also wondering how many normally interview -as it what are the odds on success - the school have not been especially forthcoming as to the numbers interviewed - number of places....

Thanks again. :D :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now