Scholarships call back for Forest/Chigwell school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ronoli14

Scholarships call back for Forest/Chigwell school

Post by Ronoli14 »

Hello all,

Have any of you had call backs for academic scholarships from either of these schools. That is of course if you have applied there. The letter said that we should receive a call back this week for interviews next week, if our children have done particularly well in the test. Still two days left of the week but wanted to save myself two days of anxiety if the calls have already taken place.

Thank you
MrsChips

Re: Scholarships call back for Forest/Chigwell school

Post by MrsChips »

Hmm just wrote a reply to you and it's disappeared.

What it said was no, we haven't heard anything which of course doesn't mean that the scholarship interview invites haven't gone out already. Not sure dd is scholarship material nor is it our first choice but it slightly worries me as all the kids I know who've got into other schools (nearer to us) seem to have reached the scholarship bar at Forest.

I think I'm just fixating on this for the sake of fixating on something during this interminable wait.
Positive17

Post by Positive17 »

The successful candidates will be receiving calls from tommorrow.

Fingers crossed
Ronoli14

Post by Ronoli14 »

@ MrsChips - Interesting take on Forest. The waiting is the worst part of this process. My mind is going into over drive. Cannot wait for this 11 plus process to be over and we can focus on more intersting things.

@positive17, is that for forest or Chigwell and where did you learn that calls will be made tomorrow. It’s good to know we are not yet out of the running. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks
Positive17

Post by Positive17 »

@ronoli14

It's for forest school.

I called the school this afternoon and asked them when will we be informed.
The lady was very nice and said successful candidates will be called and the calls will take place tommorow.
Ronoli14

Post by Ronoli14 »

Thanks
That is really good to know.

Good luck for tomorrow
Hope it’s good news for both of us
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

To be fair I think my assessment of Forest scholarship levels being similar to entry levels at the selective more central London schools is out of date. I think it used to be true, but it's definitely upping the ante especially for boys (who in North London have far less options than girls).

I know some pretty academic kids who've chosen it above other more supposedly prestigious schools (City Girls, UCS etc) and I think London's eastwards spread is also changing its character.

I really liked it. Just wish it wasn't so far away.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Forest is an interesting one. I've always liked it (I have no children there.) My oldest DD goes to a much more selective school and has sometimes opined that she wished she were at Forest (only on an odd bad day, she is generally very happy and thriving over all.) A boy on our street offered 50% scholarships at multiple schools and chose it (despite it being lower ranked academically). When touring Woodford County Girls we spoke with our tour guides, charming girls both, who mentioned that they really wished they could be at Forest.

It sort of says something that this is a school that children themselves think would be a nice, safe, reassuring place to be.
Maxim Tremellius

Post by Maxim Tremellius »

I wish everyone luck in hearing back from the schools on these scholarship placements.

Does anyone know when Forest is likely to notify parents for the fee paying interviews? And is there any indication of how many interviews they are likely to hold?

I'm completely new to this site, so apologies if this ground has been covered elsewhere before.

Many thanks!
Positive17

Post by Positive17 »

All praise be to God.

Just received a call from Forest
My son has got an interview. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now