Westminster 13+ results?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RoseWillis40

Re: Westminster 13+ results?

Post by RoseWillis40 »

Congratulations to Needglasses and newtothislondonmum - fantastic news!

Our son has been put on the Waiting List which we are very happy about. Would you mind letting me know when the closing date is for acceptances?

Hope you are enjoying a more relaxing evening tonight!!
Needglasses

Post by Needglasses »

Ignore what I said earlier.

28th March. :D End of Academic year was something else.

Hope the list moves soon for you! :)
RoseWillis40

Post by RoseWillis40 »

Thank you needglasses Really appreciate you replying.

The letter seemed fairly encouraging as was our Head so fingers crossed. Mainly relieved to be at the end of this long process with some firm offers so it's all good!

Wishing success to everyone else too.
Hopefulgardener

Post by Hopefulgardener »

Has anyone received the e-mail saying they were unsucessful? We received neither and I don’t suppose our postman has been in our road for the past 2-3 days.
RoseWillis40

Post by RoseWillis40 »

Not sure this is any help Hopefulgardener but we received our news in the post yesterday.

Keeping everything crossed for your family.
Hopefulgardener

Thank you, RoseWillis40 I will wait until the postman actually shows up before chasing it with the school. I hope the list moves for you. Wonderful result, anyway. You must be so proud of your boy :)
RoseWillis40

Post by RoseWillis40 »

That's very kind of you Hopefulgardener and I really hope that you receive good news soon.

Regardless of the final offers, all the boys have done so well to get to this stage...I'm certain that I wasn't this diligent or focused at ten! :)
Hopefulgardener

Still no sign of the postman, so I had to ask the school! DS has got an offer too. So proud of him!

Good luck, RoseWillis40 and those in the waiting list. The letter mentions that some are waiting for SPS interviews, so it is still a good chance.
RoseWillis40

Post by RoseWillis40 »

Ah, that's fantastic news, thanks for letting us know Hopefulgardener and huge congratulations to your son. The wait must have been agonising!

Do they give you extra time if you are still waiting for final interviews such as SPS, or does the end of March acceptance deadline apply to everyone? In reality, I imagine we won't find out until next year when prospective families have to pay the deposit of a term's fees.
Hopefulgardener

I think they are flexible on that, if you let them know you are waiting for other results. I agree, the reality of paying the deposit will surely make the waiting list move. Again, good luck!