Waiting until national offer day

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MCLC

Waiting until national offer day

Post by MCLC »

Do the independent schools expect that people will probably wait for national offer day next week before confirming or rejecting a place? I feel really guilty but we really need to see what our allocation is.
ToadMum

Re: Waiting until national offer day

Post by ToadMum »

MCLC wrote:Do the independent schools expect that people will probably wait for national offer day next week before confirming or rejecting a place? I feel really guilty but we really need to see what our allocation is.
As far as the ISC is concerned, yes, schools are expected to expect parents to wait before having to make their decision. And to honour any offer of a place, as long as the decision to accept is made before the deadline.

A couple of London girls' schools seem to have decided this year that 'ladies' don't have to be 'gentlemen', however :( .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fairyelephant

Re: Waiting until national offer day

Post by fairyelephant »

I’m sure you won’t be the only person in this position. I would call the independent school and say that you are waiting til national offer day but are still very interested, they’ll be fine with that.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now