Westminster or KCS 13+

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Needglasses

Re: Westminster or KCS 13+

Post by Needglasses »

Hopefulgardner, my son’s a cellist too! Ah our boys could’ve been mates, dragging that cello round London together. It’s one of the reasons we’re considering boarding now.

Good luck with KCS, I know a couple of cellists there that’re also Y6 atm. Great boys. :D
INeedCoffee

Post by INeedCoffee »

Needglasses, PM me if you have any questions about our boarding experience, the different houses etc. It wasn’t something we’d ever considered but it’s working out extremely well and DS is very happy. We actually spend more quality time with him because he does practically all his prep in school and wants to spend time with us when he’s home, as well as whenever we’re at school for various evening events (or just nearby for work reasons etc). They are very flexible - we’re able to take him out for lunch, coffee or dinner and have done so at least a couple of times each half term so far. He’s made lovely friends both in his own form and among his older housemates. It’s expensive but we feel it’s worth it for the quality of life it gives him.
Hopefulgardener

Post by Hopefulgardener »

Needglasses, don't make me think twice and beg to have that place back! :D

Completely out of topic, INeedCoffee, it would be interesting to hear which schools did you consider for your younger boy. Just PM if you can. I am trying to be as open minded as possible with my younger, as well as deciding which entry stage would be more suitable.
INeedCoffee

Post by INeedCoffee »

Nice chatting to you by PM Hopeful, and good luck to both your DS! Who knows, maybe we'll bump into each other again someday, somewhere :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now