HABS reasoning paper

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jayasri

HABS reasoning paper

Post by Jayasri »

Hello All,

My son appeared for 11+ at HABS yesterday. He was saying that the computer got switched off for him and for few other kids. It took a while till he was allocated a different one. Did any of your kids face the same issue ?

Regards
AML

Re: HABS reasoning paper

Post by AML »

Oh dear sorry that happened...

I heard the VR paper was not 15 mins as discussed previously on this forum. Moderator are we allowed to discuss this at present?
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Please do not discuss test content or anything that might help late sitters until the late sitting (if there is one) has taken place.
Does anyone know if there is a late sitting and if so when it is?
Other than that you are welcome to discuss issues such as the above. Presumably the candidates were given extra time to make up for the time they were without a computer?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

HABS used a computerised reasoning paper for the first time this year.

There was a technical glitch with the programme where some of the applicants had frozen screens.

Extra time was given to all these students.

Unfortunately some of the students did become upset when their screen was frozen and other students around them were able to progress and they were not.

This is understandable in a timed exam. I would feel the same.

If any parent has a student who feels they were not given extra time then this should be taken up with the school.

All of the students I know of were given the extra time.

There is a backup day so no content of any of the papers should be discussed. DG
ranjush

Post by ranjush »

Thank you everyone . I should have been clearer and said outcome of first stage .