Forest school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsChips

Re: Forest school

Post by MrsChips »

I think the policy of only emailing those who are successful is a bit mean (I know they're not alone in this). It's not as if email is 100% reliable after all. Lovely school otherwise.

Do you know the stats for Forest re. application, interview and offer numbers?
yumiami

Post by yumiami »

Some other parents are telling me that when they called Forest this week, the the school told them that they are giving out the results (interview) on Friday and Monday. The school is closed now, so there is no way to finding what's true...

I think they had 700-750 applications?
Ilfordian

Post by Ilfordian »

Sadly we didn't get an interview either. oh well onwards and fingers crossed for Bancrofts and Chigwell.

700-750 applicants sounds like an astonishing number. At the open day I had the figure of around 500, so thats a huge increase. In terms of places, there are 120 places and (I'm guessing) they make offers of around 200 to accomodate the fact that candidates may get multiple offers - so it does look like ultimately my son's merit simply wasn't high enough.

Good luck to everyone else and hope your little one's get in at another good school.
yumiami

Post by yumiami »

Neither did we. It seems the competition is getting tougher for 11+ entrance.
We were pretty disappointed as we had positive comments with current school teacher meeting for applying Forest!

Will wait for 2 more schools results, fingers crossed everyone!