NLCS results coming out by email now

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Earningaplace

Re: NLCS results coming out by email now

Post by Earningaplace »

Hi Miller, I was at the open day and they said they offer 120 places for 60 positions.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Hello, my daughter had her interview at NLCS and asked about the numbers.
They said they had 550 sit and have bought 190 back for 120 offers. The child would have had to pass a threshold in both papers to be invited back.
Itsnotoveryet

Post by Itsnotoveryet »

I do hope parents choose schools wisely. I’ll be there helping today and will get an idea of numbers. I guess they want to increase classes per year if they are to offer so many. At 16 plus which DD2 sat last Nov it was tough. 120 odd sat for 20 places. 53 interviewed and 30 odd offers were sent out. With about 4/5 on a waiting list.

I believe the school should be the right fit for your daughter. Not where it is on the league table. Please select wisely to get the best out of your DDs. I’m speaking from experience.

Good luck to all
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Thank you, they explained 120 offers are made to reach circa 60 places as many children will have multiple offers or have band A at HBS. Each school
We have been to has stated the same too. This is my second child to go through the 11 plus and naturally we would choose carefully.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

shootmenow wrote: They won't know and will never ask if there are siblings and which schools they attend.
Not true. My dd was asked at her NLCS interview: 'your sister attends St Helen's, why don't you want to go there?', to which dd replied 'I want to go to the right school for ME'. Excellent answer I thought. She wasn't offered a place.
miller

Post by miller »

Absolutely what Middlesexmum said. DD has had 4 interviews, every single school questioned about age of siblings & where they currently attended school. Also, unless parents were not forthcoming in their original application to the school, the question was asked there about siblings.
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

Mine was also asked about school, siblings and other schools applied to.
HOPE19

Post by HOPE19 »

Hi all.
My daughter had an interview at the NLCS on the 31st of January. Any one have any idea as to when are the results expected? Feeling a little jittery. TIA.
miller

Post by miller »

We were told results would be sent via email on Fri 15th Feb.
HOPE19

Post by HOPE19 »

Thank you very much Miller. That really helps.
Have you had any kind of correspondence from the school after the interview?