City Boys - interview/results emails - out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Indiemum

Re: City Boys - interview/results emails - out

Post by Indiemum »

Asking this on behalf of my sister whose DS sat for City Boys - he didn't get an interview unfortunately. But she is curious - it seems none of the boys from his class did (4 sat) but some of them, who her DS did not see at the exams, are saying they sat the exam later in the morning. She wants to know if anyone knows if there were 2 sittings? I suppose she can call the school to ask if she is interested enough! but thought I would check here for intel!
Juls

Post by Juls »

I know they had two sittings as my boy and he’s best friends had two different times. I think 8.30 and 10.30
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

My DS had an arrival time of 8.30 (2.30 finish) and his friend had a 9.30 start (finish 3.30). So there were at least 2 sessions.
Rhinoo

Post by Rhinoo »

Yes, there were two sittings an hour apart so they could fit everyone in for lunch.
Indiemum

Post by Indiemum »

Thank you!
Rhinoo

Post by Rhinoo »

AML wrote:Didn’t city of boys stop scholarships in favour of offering more bursaries?
There are still scholarships but they're £250 instead of 25% now so doubt there's a special interview, just whoever comes top in exam.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

230 students sat the City exam and 58 were invited back for interview which is just 25%.

The interviews are on Thursday 24th January.

There are 44 spaces available.

City emailed the unsuccessful candidates letting them know that the 58 that got interviews all got over 70% in both English and Maths.

These ratios show that a high level of preparation was required in order to be in the 25% that secured the interview.

it would be interesting to know the state school/prep school ratio of the successful applicants. DG
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

Daogroupie wrote:230 students sat the City exam and 58 were invited back for interview which is just 25%.

The interviews are on Thursday 24th January.

There are 44 spaces available.

City emailed the unsuccessful candidates letting them know that the 58 that got interviews all got over 70% in both English and Maths.

These ratios show that a high level of preparation was required in order to be in the 25% that secured the interview.

it would be interesting to know the state school/prep school ratio of the successful applicants. DG
This is for 10+, isn’t it, DG?
Does anyone know the 11+ figures?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, sorry this is ten plus.

DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now