Contradiction in consortium offer date?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miller

Contradiction in consortium offer date?

Post by miller »

I had thought that the offer decisions from NLC, Habs, STAHS and others were co ordinated with the consortium to be released at the same time, this year Friday 8th Feb, by mail. Our invitation to interview from Habs, confirms this, ‘When the interview process is complete all results will be posted, by mail, on Friday 8 February, at the same time as those from schools in the consortium.’

However, the consortium website contradicts this and states that all offers will be sent on 14th February. Is this a change to what has happened historically?
bupps

Re: Contradiction in consortium offer date?

Post by bupps »

I'd go with what the schools are saying... perhaps coincidentally, 14th is when the results for Habs boys are going to be sent out - they coordinate with a number of other schools (MTS, CLS boys, etc) on this date. Habs boys sending by post on the 14th, CLS boys by email on the 15th, i.e. results should be in hand on the 15th for the boys.
expat

Re: Contradiction in consortium offer date?

Post by expat »

That's interesting... for the past several years, at least, consortium schools have posted the results on the Thursday before the February half-term break, letters to arrive on the Friday before the half-term. That would be consistent with posting on Thursday 14th, letters to arrive Friday 15th.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now