SHHS interviews?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressedmom

SHHS interviews?

Post by Stressedmom »

Hello everyone, I thought that today was the day we heard about south hampstead high school interviews. Did anyone receive an email or a letter?

Many thanks :cry: worried
TEENA

Re: SHHS interviews?

Post by TEENA »

results were supposed to come out today as interviews start tomorrow. we havent heard anything. not sure if they are only informing the kids called for interview today?
Stressedmom

Post by Stressedmom »

Yes that’s what I was thinking. I was wondering if they would let you know if it was a rejection. Would beat the anxious waiting.
splits123

Post by splits123 »

A friend was advised yesterday that everyone would be advised by Wednesday afternoon whether they had an interview or not
TEENA

Post by TEENA »

The letter says 'We will notify you on 22nd Jan to let you know if your daughter has an interview on 23rd Jan'. I think that says it.
TEENA

Post by TEENA »

How can they say 2 different things about something so important!! My daughter's school also told the kids that its result day today so not sure what to think.
splits123

Post by splits123 »

I agree it's quite unnerving. Had my friend not been making an enquiry about something else and been told, I would have been quite nervous tonight as to why we hadn't received anything. I'm assuming it's just taken longer than they expected with the new format.
Stressedmom

Post by Stressedmom »

I just feel awful just waiting! Good luck to everyone if it is tomorrow that we hear. Keep us posted when you hear. Thanks for responding it’s nice to know I am not alone.
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

I know someone who was told yesterday that we'd now be informed tomorrow (Wednesday). I don't know whether they're letting everyone know or just those with interviews. I do hope the former, as I hate the kind of ghosting of unsuccessful applicants that some schools do.

No one I know has heard and no one on here has either so it does seem likely that this new information is correct.

Bit annoying though. I've been checking email frantically all day.

The original letter didn't say that interviews would be on the 23rd, just that they'd be taking place 'from the 23rd' and on website I think it said interviews would take place late January/early February.
TEENA

Post by TEENA »

This has just come on SHHS website. Wasnt there till yesterday. Changed date officially to 23rd Jan. Now all of us can sleep :-)

In order to gain a complete picture of each prospective pupil, we will continue to use the interview as a critical tool in our selection process. Invitations to interview will be made by email on Wednesday 23rd January on the strength of candidate’s results and school reference. At the interview, we aim to put pupils at their ease whilst also challenging them. This approach enables us to identify whether a pupil will truly thrive here, academically and otherwise. Interviews will take place from Thursday 24th January to Friday 1st February 2019.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now