11+ Interview for Independent School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: 11+ Interview for Independent School

Post by Daogroupie »

If she was borderline on the Maths they would not have done more English tests they would have done more Maths tests.

They want girls who are strong in both, not strong in one and borderline in the other. DG
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

May I ask if anyone did Habs girls please now that they are done interviewing. Was there a group session please? We don't know anyone else that did it but know there was at the boys.

My DD didn't do any group exercise though they were taken away as a group of 4. She thinks the others might have done something as a group. We met the head as a group of 4 parents before 1-2-1s with a teacher. She didn't ask about our DD or why we wanted the school. Just if we have any questions for her.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There is no connection between the Habs boys and the Habs girls admissions process. They use a different combination of papers in the exam process and they don't ask the girls what grade they got at HBS!

There is no group interview at Habs girls. DG
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

Thanks DG. DD wasn't asked about HBS but we were asked if she sat the exam.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is very interesting. Thank you.

I have not heard of that before. DG
miller

Post by miller »

The teacher who we saw who interviewed our DD at Habs asked us quite a lot about our options and if DD had sat HB (she had not) he then asked about our state place via our eldest daughter. We were very honest and said we felt it wasn’t the right place for her and we wouldn’t have put her through the whole 11 plus if it was.

I suppose they are trying to ascertain how likely it is that you would accept the place, within the context of knowing that the girls they interviewed would not be sitting for just one place.
Last edited by miller on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

They asked us too and we were transparent, my eldest went to highgate and we said went wanted a girls independent. This was amongst a whole load of other questions and dialogue, CLSG didn’t ask at all where she had sat, NLCS did, Channing didn’t and nor did Highgate.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I am interested to hear how you found having to prepare for two different formats, online CEM for Channing and standard format English and Maths for everywhere else. DG
miller

Post by miller »

New post
Last edited by miller on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earningaplace

Post by Earningaplace »

Hi DG, my daughter said the Channing exam was straightforward, it covered maths, Comprehension and reasoning. We had our interview early in December and my daughter enjoyed it. At this point of the process, the teacher spent quite a lot of time with my daughter and covered of all her interests. She also had a morning at HIghgate, group activity and interview,both NLCS and Habs interviews were in-depth and she really enjoyed them. 35 minutes at CLSG and she came out all smiles and happy. STAHS she did the group activity and some tests with the lady, my daughter said she didn’t ask her anything about subjects or interests, she just wanted to ask what schools she had applied for and achieved interviews at.