City of London boys interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Juls

City of London boys interview

Post by Juls »

Hello everyone,
My son had an “academic” interview today at City of London boys today which according to him it went well but he said he was interviewed by the headmaster. Is that the case for everyone or just our luck. Anyone else?
ranjush

Re: City of London boys interview

Post by ranjush »

hi , my son was also interviewed by the head master . not sure if this is the case with everyone or if the boys were randomly chosen .
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

My DS was not interviewed by the Head. Are the interviews over? Does anyone know why some boys were given a maths puzzle and a sort of picture prompt and some were not given those but asked about a current affairs story? Was the maths for those who hadn’t done as well in the maths test?
ranjush

Post by ranjush »

My son was only asked some general questions and some maths problem solving .
Juls

Post by Juls »

Helpneeded wrote:My DS was not interviewed by the Head. Are the interviews over? Does anyone know why some boys were given a maths puzzle and a sort of picture prompt and some were not given those but asked about a current affairs story? Was the maths for those who hadn’t done as well in the maths test?
My son was given a maths reasoning question to do, I don’t know if it’s for those that didn’t do so well but my son is very strong on maths so won’t think so in he’s case but not sure. Anyone else?
bupps

Post by bupps »

DS was given the maths reasoning and the picture puzzle.
I’m going with the theory that this is all random and rather arbitrary... knowing why doesn’t change anything so why worry about it. It’s possible to read too much into arbitrary things.

Now the wait....
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

bupps wrote:DS was given the maths reasoning and the picture puzzle.
I’m going with the theory that this is all random and rather arbitrary... knowing why doesn’t change anything so why worry about it. It’s possible to read too much into arbitrary things.
Good point! Not the most productive way of passing the time...

Good luck all
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

Emails coming out now...
Good luck to everyone
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now