Habs boys results are out. DG
elevenPlusMummy

Re: Habs boys results out, good luck to all

Post by elevenPlusMummy »

yes, got the post and offer. proud of my DS
chillout29

Post by chillout29 »

My DS also has an offer! Arrived in A4 envelope.
Motherindia

Post by Motherindia »

Hi, my DS has been offered a "reserve" place at Habs. This was his first preference, so needless to say he is a little disappointed, however still pleased it is not an absolute "no". Does anyone know how the reserve list works and what the chances are of getting this offer firmed up? I get that a lot is dependent on how many boys accept the firm offer, but is there a waitlist number/priority system? And in reflection to previous history of acceptances and declines, how many boys actually accept the offer (i.e. do 100% of boys who have been given an offer accept?). Just trying to work out his chances....
miller

Post by miller »

I might be wrong but I should imagine there would be a fair bit of movement on the Habs boys waiting list, of the boys who I know who sat, they all sat for multiple schools and four of the five have high scores at QE, qualifying ranks at DAO and were in the top scorers at Latymer. Advice had always been, wisely so, I think, is that if you are very keen, let the school know and keep in touch with them. Good luck!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Students can only attend one school and I know students who are now sitting with 4 offers and are also expecting an offer from a state grammar on 1st March.

So many offers are going to be turned down.

I strongly suggest that you email Habs clearly stating that it is your first choice school and you are prepared to wait for a place and that you will accept immediately if they offer you a place.

Then they know to contact you when a place comes up and not waste time contacting families who have already gone ahead and invested in another school and are no longer interested. DG
Motherindia

Post by Motherindia »

Thank you for the helpful advice, much appreciated. We will email the school and let them know this Habs is DS preference. Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now